There's less than three months to go until classic car enthusiasts from around the globe will start their annual pilgrimage to the California coast to see the most beautiful cars in the world either being awarded "Best in Class" or beating world records at auction. And all this excitement will be centered around the 62th Annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.
But in addition to all the auctions, exhibitions and high dollar events that the Concours attracts, did you know:
- The Lodge at Pebble Beach (formerly the Del Monte Lodge) has been the host of the Concours since the event's inception.
- The Pebble Beach Golf Links are closed only once each year and only for this event.
- Less than 30 cars were on display 60 years ago compared to over 255 cars and motorcycles this year.
- Motorcycles didn't appear on the Concours show field until 2009.
- Participants will bring cars to Pebble Beach from 33 states and 14 countries including the U.S.
- Cars will be traveling from as far away as Hong Kong and Argentina and began shipping well before the summer.
- The Concours will display over 110 years of the automobile.
- Manufacturers use the Concours as a showcase for the more than 800 national and international media who will cover the entire Pebble Beach Automotive event.
- The Concours raised more than $15 million for for local, national and international charitable organizations through the years.
- More than 650 volunteers support the Pebble Beach Concours, including several dozen who travel to Pebble Beach from outside the U.S.
The Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance is an event that every car enthusiast should experience at least once in their lifetime. For more information on this year's schedule visit: www.pebblebeachconcours.net