Barrett-Jackson’s second event for 2012 is their Palm Beach auction on April 5th, 6th & 7th at the South Florida Fairgrounds. This year marks the company’s 10th anniversary in Palm Beach and is likely to bring thousands of visitors from South Florida and beyond to view millions of dollars’ worth of Classics, Muscle Cars, Hot Rods, Resto-Mods, Exotics, and Contemporary Collectibles as they cross the auction block.
Even though Gooding & Company, RM and Auctions American always have very successful Florida Coast events in March, there always seems to be enough buyers and money left for April. Last year Barrett-Jackson’s sales results came in at $15.8 million and this year looks to be poised to meet that number.
Highlights of the lots to be featured in Palm Beach include:
- 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham 4 Door Sedan – All original in great condition. Extremely rare and loaded with factory 3×2 carburetors.
- 1958 Chevrolet Impala Convertible– Original Code 923 Rio Red vehicle. 348cid engine upgraded with Tri-Power carburetors, frame-off restoration completed 900 miles ago.
- 1971 Mercedes-Benz 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet – Equipped with a 230hp fuel-injected V8 with automatic transmission and 4-wheel disc brakes.
- 1956 Ford F-100 Custom Pickup – The Green Machine is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Numerous awards and honors, national television and magazines. Over 7,000 hour of labor to design and build. Included with this beautiful truck is the copper wrapped display stand. Truckin’s Top 10 Trucks of 2011.
- 1959 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Convertible – 1959 Corvette body covered in mirror-like Frost Blue with silver coves on a new SRIII chassis with all modern Corvette suspension and drivetrain. Features a 350hp LS1, 4-speed automatic, power steering and power 4-wheel disc brakes.
All of Barrett-Jackson’s Palm Dale lots are being sold without reserve compared to last year when the option for putting a reserve on a car was available. And as usual,the more affordable cars will cross the block on the non-peak and non-broadcasted auction hours. Another thing you can always expect from Barrett-Jackson is a bit of the unexpected like a 1983 Custom Military Cargo Truck, a 1981 Custom Built electric golf cart formerly owned by Country singer Willie Nelson and last but not least, a 1988 custom built Kittredge Submarine and trailer.
SPEED will broadcast more than 20 hours of live, high-definition TV coverage of the Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach auction Thursday through Saturday, April 5 – 7. The hours, listed Eastern Standard Time, will be from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 5 and Friday, April 6 and from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, April 7.
Barrett-Jackson week in Palm Beach will start off with a fun-filled, free night at CityPlace on March 30th from 4-7 p.m., featuring giveaways and discounted tickets to the 3-day auction. The always popular Cruise-In will take place on April 1st at Wayne Akers Ford from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is free to the public and all makes and models are welcome. Automotive enthusiasts just need to bring their collector cars…and their cameras! The first 100 registered entries will receive two complimentary tickets to the 10th Annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction at the South Florida Fairgrounds. Hot dogs, hamburgers and refreshments will be on sale to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, along with a “split-the-pot” raffle and live entertainment.
The Opening Night Gala will kick off the event on Wednesday, April 4th at 7:00 p.m. and will allow guests to enjoy cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and live music while gearing up to view the highly coveted horsepower. Tickets are $75 each, additional fees apply. From Thursday, April 5th at 8 a.m. until Saturday, April 7th, the Fairgrounds will be filled with exhibitors, displays, activities and entertainment
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.barrett-jackson.com/palmbeach/tickets/.