Buying a Classic Car
Finding the Right Car
That might sound easy, but finding the car is the hardest part of the classic car purchase. Don't leave any stone unturned or classified ad unread. Check out everything that's out there before you get your heart set on just one make, model or year.
- How To Decide Which Car You Should Restore
- How to Buy a Classic Car on eBay
- Classic Car Auctions
- Classic Car Publications
- Understanding Classified Ads
Before You Write the Check
We hate to say this, but never take anyone's "word" about the condition or value of the car you are about to buy. You have to completely inspect any car before you can determine the it's value. Here are the guidelines we use to help us really get to know all the about the car and set aside how gorgeous it looks.
- Determine the Market Value
- Do a Complete and Thorough Inspection
- Understand the Condition Rating System
- Is it a Numbers Matching Car?
Do Your Homework
Homework is usually a task that most folks might consider a pain. But a true car enthusiast will soak up all the information they can to get more involved and knowledgeable. There's no test here, just fun information to help you buy smarter.